Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hi!! I am Praba Ram. Children's books and stories are my passion. I have co-authored two books - Dinaben and the Lions of Gir and Subbu, the Signal. You can find all about them here.

My daughters, 10 and 6, my beautiful bundles of joy who provide me with oodles and oodles of inspiration. I have thoroughly enjoyed their early childhood years doing so many different things with them. Cuddling to read to them and the innumerable visits to the local library for storytime programs have been the highlight of all.

I have always believed in the power of books and their positive impact on children, especially when introduced in the early years of childhood. Keeping in line with my passion for early literacy, from June 2009 - May 2011, I was involved in the ready-to-read storytime person for a preschool in my community in Virginia. I plan to incorporate elements of the early childhood literacy program in my storytime.

Well, we've just moved back to Chennai from Northern Virginia. And I look forward to bringing my storytime to libraries, bookstores, playschools and other activity centers here in Chennai. The themes I come up with have a unique mix of imaginative fiction and nonfiction picture books.

The wonders of nature never fail to inspire me. My story time brim with nature-oriented themes. I incorporate a plethora of contemporary books and songs,fingerplay, puppet play and action songs which delight children. I thoroughly enjoy reading and interacting with children. I particularly enjoy working with toddlers, preschoolers and children in early school age! Passionate about promoting the love for reading and books and nature most of all, I hope to be able to spread the joy of storytime to children.

If you are interested in getting in touch with me regarding my storytime program, do email me at prabaram at gmail dot com.

Thank you!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Praba